Sunday 20 July 2014

039

Peel back my wallpaper
And discover the fire
Languid flames flickering
Droopy lids sliding
Down the walls of my exterior
I am living in my body
I am dying in my body
Before the wolf
Blows down my being
Tell me why
Why I shouldn't be
Contemplating jumping off my house
Crossing the roads when
The cars are dangerously near
Hoping that my line will lie flat
Against the hospital monitor
There is nothing left
New wallpaper will be bought
With a pathetic attempt to cover up
The struggles I have encountered
Why don't you see
Why don't you see
Maybe their eyelids are drooping

too

Maybe they are being paid
To decorate as they once were as well
A long time ago
My walls may be well built but
You keep covering the surface
Because once one sees the surface
They can enter my being
And be told the most
Chilling tales
Then maybe they can shred
A little more skin
Dig a little deeper than the surface
And play hide and seek too

No comments:

Post a Comment